About Terra Balcanica Resources Corp.
Terra Balcanica Resources Corporation is a Canadian polymetallic resources explorer headquartered in Vancouver, BC Canada with the operational focus on the highly prolific Western Tethyan Metallogenic Belt.
Terra Balcanica operates in Bosnia and Serbia, two mining friendly yet under explored jurisdictions located in southeastern Europe where it acquired and is currently exploring a portfolio of high-grade Au-Ag-Cu-Pb-Zn projects over a 340 km2 land tenure.
Capitalizing upon a wealth of historical data and applying cutting-edge exploration techniques, Terra Balcanica has developed compelling drill targets within our flagship Viogor-Zanik project of eastern Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as two exploration tenements with historically rich Pb-Zn and Au-Ag mineralization in SW Serbia.
The primary focus is aimed at the only Bosnian mineralized igneous complex (i.e. Viogor-Zanik project); a part of the Oligo-Miocene belt which includes four Cu-Au porphyry districts between Greece and Bosnia alone. In Serbia, our Kaludra and Ceovishte properties feature bonanza grade Pb-Zn surface geochemistry and multi-ounce gold assays from grab samples. Both licence areas are drill ready with the shallow drill targets defined upon tightly spaced ground IP/resistivity surveys.
The technical team is led by the CEO and a regional metallogeny expert with a record of discovery in the Balkans reporting to the Board of Directors consisting of proven corporate finance experts specialized in the multi-commodity resource space.
Terra emphasizes responsible engagement with local communities and stakeholders and is committed to proactively implementing best industry practices including sustainable health, safety, and environmental management.
As a public company that has just completed a 2,000 m, Phase II drill program to advance the two key targets at the Bosnian Viogor-Zanik project, Terra offers a unique, early-mover investment opportunity and a chance to be a part of the team poised for rapid discoveries of critical polymetallic resources in Europe’s last underexplored jurisdictions.
Why Terra Balcanica
- 340 km2 combined land position in neighbouring jurisdictions of Bosnia and Serbia;
- 90% owned, 216 km2 Viogor–Zanik porphyry and epithermal project in the eastern Bosnian Srebrenica Mining District;
- 100% owned, 44 km2 Kaludra Pb-Zn-Ag property in the historic SE Serbia’s Rashka Mining District;
- 100% owned, 80 km2 Ceovishte property with an Au target in the historic SE Serbia’s Rashka Mining District.
- Pending application for a 100% owned, 20 km2 exploration licence focused on high grade Pb-Zn mineralization near Ilijas within the central Bosnian Triassic metallogenic zone
Western Tethyan: Porphyry Cu-Au & Epithermal (Au-Ag) Pb-Zn-Sn-Sb
The Western Tethyan Metallogenic Belt features clusters of world-class deposits from Turkey to the Balkans:
- Čukaru Peki*(Serbia) – 1.7 Bt inferred resource grading 0.85% Cu and 0.18 g/t Au with 9.6 Moz Au (total contained metal) epithermal-porphyry deposit;
- Kişladag* (Turkey) – Europe’s richest Au porphyry with a total proven mineral reserve of 4.0 Moz Au and a total production of 200,000 oz Au in 2020;
- Surdulica* (Serbia) – Europe’s biggest Mo porphyry (22Mt @ 0.05% Mo M&I; 125 Mt @ 0.05% inferred);
- Rosia Montana* (Romania) – Europe’s largest undeveloped Au-Ag deposit with measured and indicated resources of 513 Mt at 1.04 g/t Au and 5 g/t Ag;
- Skouries* (Greece) – Cu-Au porphyry with a measured and indicated resource of 240Mt grading 0.65 g/t Au and 0.47% Cu including 1Mt of total contained Cu.
*For full disclosure of stated mineral resources/reserves/production see Appendix III of the corporate presentation.
The Western Balkans: Untapped Exploration Potential
- Terra Balcanica has projects located at the NW end of a corridor featuring multiple epithermal Pb-Zn-Ag-Au, porphyry Au-Cu-Mo, and skarn Au/CRD Pb-Zn deposits – Endowment;
- Global mining leaders including Rio Tinto, Freeport McMorran, Zijin, Dundee PM, and Eldorado Gold have active mines or PFS/FS projects in the region – Tier-1 global mining district;
- Adriatic Metals plc. (ASX: ADT; LSE: ADT 1) closed a US$245M financing of the Vareš Silver mine; project advanced from exploration to construction in less than 4 years – Fast Track;
- Zijin’s acquisition of the Nevsun Resources’ Timok Project in Serbia for C$1.86B in 2018 – Opportunity;
- Much of the former Yugoslav landmass has not been explored by modern techniques – Potential;
- Terra Balcanica has competitive advantage in the region due to strong local, regional, and national networks and a proven operational experience
Favourable Investment Landscape
- Mining-friendly central European countries (EU member candidates) with extensive access to infrastructure
- Rare combination:
- stable governments,
- low corporate taxation and royalties,
- world-class geology,
- highly skilled workforce,
- established mining codes,
- clear permitting processes
Art of Discovery
Ours is a disciplined and creative team of mining professionals that has demonstrated an ability to make discoveries in places overlooked or abandoned by others and to leverage these forgotten or neglected gems as incubators of the mining continuum and value creators for our shareholders.
Whether it is systematically rehashing volumes of archived data sets, modeling newly acquired geophysical data, or rapidly ground-truthing rugged vast expanse of the Western Balkan Peninsula aimed at targeting the “sweet spots” – discovery is in our geological DNA. Our leadership group and technical team is fully committed and vested.
Because it’s not what we promise. It’s what we show for.